Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kafka_polka_dot
Contributor III
Contributor III

PLZ are missing on the map

Hi eveyone!

I am recently struggling with a map: I put PLZ on it as an area layer. I specify the plz as Location field as plz and put the name of the Land as 'Land'.

Kafka_polka_dot_0-1715956163071.png

The resulting map does not show me a large part of Germany. As an example, let's take 48143 Münster. It is not shown at the map, while is present in the data.

Kafka_polka_dot_3-1715956457015.png

Kafka_polka_dot_1-1715956329687.png

When I am filtering the data though, it is appearing on the map.

Kafka_polka_dot_2-1715956418910.png

Could you please help me to understand, why is it happening and how can I fix it? I have tried to create an unique combination of plz and land, but it gives the same result.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kafka_polka_dot
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The issue was with the limitation on max number of points: it was set to 1000. After I changed it to more realistic number of points, the areas are shown in the ful volume.

Kafka_polka_dot_0-1720082868985.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Try 'DE' in Land so it can limit the scope to Germany

Kafka_polka_dot
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I also tried to set the 'DE' as a type of location, and I still see those points missing on the map.

Kafka_polka_dot_0-1716272788318.pngKafka_polka_dot_1-1716272853316.png

Kafka_polka_dot
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lisa! Thank you for reply! The main problem with this approach: I have also points outside Germany, I need to reflect them as well. I also don't understand, why some plz are shown only if I select them in the filter.

Kafka_polka_dot
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The issue was with the limitation on max number of points: it was set to 1000. After I changed it to more realistic number of points, the areas are shown in the ful volume.

Kafka_polka_dot_0-1720082868985.png