Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Packaging and deploying Qlik Sense Desktop 3.1.1

I am from Application packaging team. I see this application installs files to Local Appdata Folder. I have packaged this application and installs fine with normal account. When I deploy it through SCCM the application doesnt install the files to LocalAppdata folder, due to which the shortcut also doesnt launch. I Understand the issue is, SCCM deploys through System context and hence this issue.

Kindly suggest as to what can be done in that case to deploy the package through SCCM and work fine.

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlik Sense Desktop must be installed by the user that's going to use it and with local administrator privileges. Qlik Sense Desktop is not meant to be packaged and installed on desktop machines in an enterprise setting. Instead use Qlik Sense Enterprise installed on a server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ericohlin
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to get this working by applying the following setting.

Deployment Type -> User Experience -> Installation Behavior (Install For User)

• Two additional notes...
    • The command-line switches displayed in the .exe help file are not correct. You must put the full log path, not just the folder. 
    • I was unable to successfully install via SCCM by entering "Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup_3.2.exe -s" into the Installation Program field. I had to wrap it in a Powershell file and call the PowerShell file. Not sure why. Maybe it's because I can use -Wait with Start-Process?

Powershell File::

$PSScriptRoot
$arguments = "-s -l `"c:\temp\qliksense.log`" desktopshortcut=0"
Start-Process -FilePath "$PSScriptRoot\Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup_3.2.exe" -ArgumentList $arguments -Wait -PassThru

Installation Program in the SCCM Deployment Type::

C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -NoProfile -NoLogo -NonInteractive -File "Install-QlikSense_vFINAL.ps1"

Hopefully, this helps.