Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgreben
Contributor III
Contributor III

Percent of Total Average

Hello Group! I would like to show prior 3 year average percent of total as highlighted in red. Prior 3 year average is based on years 2015 - 2017. The weeks shown are for fiscal November. I used =sum(NetSales)/Sum(Total <[Fiscal Year]> NetSales) to calculate percent of total but can't figure out how to calculate the averages. Please help. Thank you.

Percent of Total Average.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rgreben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample of where you are trying to do this? It would be easier to see what you have and help you build forward
rgreben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry. I am working in QlikSense in a Pivot Table.

sunny_talwar

ok
MK9885
Master II
Master II

This would be previous 3 yr expression but you looking for a dimension

Sum({<[Fiscal Year] = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-1)} ,Month  >+< Year = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-2)} ,[Month Full Name]>+< [Fiscal Year] = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-3)} ,Month   >}NetSales)

/

Sum({<[Fiscal Year] = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-1)} ,Month  >+< [Fiscal Year] = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-2)} ,[Month Full Name]>+< [Fiscal Year] = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-3)} ,Month   >} NetSales)

Not sure how you would add an extra row in between generic year column

rgreben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Khan_Mohammed, thank you for your response. This formula does not seem to be working. I am getting 100% all the way through.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Sorry forgot to add TOTAL in 2nd expression

Sum({<[Fiscal Year] = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-1)} ,Month >+< Year = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-2)} ,[Month Full Name]>+< [Fiscal Year] = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-3)} ,Month >}NetSales)

/

Sum({<[Fiscal Year] = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-1)} ,Month >+< [Fiscal Year] = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-2)} ,[Month Full Name]>+< [Fiscal Year] = {$(=Max([Fiscal Year])-3)} ,Month >} TOTAL NetSales)
rgreben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Khan-Mohammed, thank you. This formula gives me percent of total for each year but not the rolling 3 year average. What formula would I use to come up with 3 year rolling average as highlighted in my example?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Thats correct.
As per your image you are looking to add a new value to your Fiscal year dimension.
Not sure how to achieve that but would let you know if I find a solution.
Thanks.
rgreben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you