Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ba11
Contributor III
Contributor III

Period Dates

Hello everyone,

I have a BEGIN_DATE and END_DATE field in my script that has the start and end dates of each financial period. What I want is the start and end dates of the current period, bearing in my mind that these dates don't correspond with the conventional calendar dates. Any help with be appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ba11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I figured this out thank you, I needed it in an automation but all I had to do was add fields for the current period and year in my load script and then used those as selections in the automation.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

Where in your script do you have BEGIN_DATE and END_DATE? What do you mean by "start and end dates of the current period"? Do you have a table of financial period from which you want to select or flag the current one, i.e the one where today's date falls into?

LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Using a set analysis similar to this should restrict the number of periods to 1, assuming they do not overlap.

{<BEGIN_DATE = {"<=$(=Today())"}, END_DATE = {">=$(=Today())"}>}

Use it with Only() to retrieve the only remaining value in a field. 

ba11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I figured this out thank you, I needed it in an automation but all I had to do was add fields for the current period and year in my load script and then used those as selections in the automation.

Thanks again.