Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II

Pick a Value in Pivot table based on previous column

Hello Team,

I have below table with total# of orders and execution time each day (as you can see in the Bar chart) and in Pivot table , I am trying to get the Max and Min Order# and execution time for the same.

gayatri7_0-1718717424478.png

I am able to get the Max/ Min Order # , but I am unable to get the respective execution time.

Could you please help to resolve this.

Thanks in advance

Gayatri

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there!

This is one of the common problems that people experience with the AGGR() function. I teach it in detail in my session on Set Analysis and AGGR at the Masters Summit for Qlik

In short, your AGGR() dimension only contains a date, while your chart dimension is "Pool". So, you are creating aggregated numbers by date, but not by "Pool". In a chart by Pool, the AGGR() dimension should be Pool, or it should include Pool along with other dimensions. Just watch carefully what kind of question you are trying to answer with that AGGR().

Cheers,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there!

This is one of the common problems that people experience with the AGGR() function. I teach it in detail in my session on Set Analysis and AGGR at the Masters Summit for Qlik

In short, your AGGR() dimension only contains a date, while your chart dimension is "Pool". So, you are creating aggregated numbers by date, but not by "Pool". In a chart by Pool, the AGGR() dimension should be Pool, or it should include Pool along with other dimensions. Just watch carefully what kind of question you are trying to answer with that AGGR().

Cheers,

gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Oleg,

Thank you for your quick response. These small details helped me to achieve the required output.

Have a nice day!

Gayatri