Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrashantRupani
Creator
Creator

Pick function too slow

Hi,

I have a chart which dynamically should update based on the dimension chosen.

I have filter drop down which dynamically changes the dimension on the bar chart ( By Product, By Country, By Customer). I am using pick function : =Pick (DNO, Product, Country , Name) . 

It changes the chart dimensions but the performance is super slow. It takes a minute to render the chart. For users, this is too slow. How can I fix this? Please suggest.

Thanks

Prashant

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could try @Kushal_Chawda  suggestion, but I suspect that the slow rendering is not caused by your pick - match function. I suspect your slow rendering is caused by a large data set and many rows to calculate before presenting the new table.

If so, then you should focus oncoptimzing your expression /data model or increase your system resources in order to speed up your table rendering.

Good luck solving your issue. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@PrashantRupani  why don't you just add single dimension and rest of the dimension as alternative dimension instead of pick match?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could try @Kushal_Chawda  suggestion, but I suspect that the slow rendering is not caused by your pick - match function. I suspect your slow rendering is caused by a large data set and many rows to calculate before presenting the new table.

If so, then you should focus oncoptimzing your expression /data model or increase your system resources in order to speed up your table rendering.

Good luck solving your issue. 

PrashantRupani
Creator
Creator
Author

You are right @Vegar . It was due to large data set. We ended up using Master chart Items and a filter to display those conditionally.  Thanks for the suggestion.

PrashantRupani
Creator
Creator
Author

Oh that was a good solution. I tried it. But the performance was slow. 

It was due to large data set. We ended up using Master chart Items and a filter to display those conditionally.  Thanks for the suggestion.