Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pie Chart Colors

Greetings Community,

I was wondering if there is a way that I can color coordinate the colors I have in a table with a corresponding pie chart?  So if I am tracking all things that are good in the table, the pie chart will reflect the same color as that category.  Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Anonymous ,

Thanks for posting.

Have you tried the below:

1. Create a dimension in your data model that will hold the color information for each category.
  2. In the properties panel for your table, under the "Appearance" section, select the dimension that holds the color information and assign it to the "Color by dimension" field.
  3. Repeat the same process for the pie chart, but instead of selecting the "Color by dimension" option, you'll want to select "Color by expression". In the expression editor, you'll use the same dimension to determine the color of each slice of the pie chart.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Anonymous ,

Thanks for posting.

Have you tried the below:

1. Create a dimension in your data model that will hold the color information for each category.
  2. In the properties panel for your table, under the "Appearance" section, select the dimension that holds the color information and assign it to the "Color by dimension" field.
  3. Repeat the same process for the pie chart, but instead of selecting the "Color by dimension" option, you'll want to select "Color by expression". In the expression editor, you'll use the same dimension to determine the color of each slice of the pie chart.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer