Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pawwy1415
Creator III
Creator III

PivotTable Table Incident Row Total Issue

Hi,

Can any one please help me on below issue.

In the below table I have used Two rows as

1. Desk

2. $(vL.Trader_DimensionPick)

Measures

1. Count : $(vL.TradeCount)

2. Concentration :  if($(vL.TradeCount)<=10,0,$(vL.Concentration_Total))

Issue: Here in the Concentration Measure getting total as 7 instead of 4.

When the Concentration Measure is like $(vL.Concentration_Total) then will get the Mark value as 3 so total is 3+2+2=7

But he Mark count is less than 10 so converted 10 to 0 by applying this expression

if($(vL.TradeCount)<=10,0,$(vL.Concentration_Total))

but total was not changed showing 7 instead of 4.

Please help me on this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your expression is not only evaluated for each CFO Division value, but at the Total level as well. And there your if ... <= 10 ... condition is true. That's why you get a total of 7.

If you want to sum the individual results of the CFO Division values then you need to calculate a sum of counts. So you need to nest aggregations functions. For that you need to use the aggr function:

Sum(Aggr( if($(vL.TradeCount)<=10,0,$(vL.Concentration_Total)) , [Desk], [FullName] ))

Make sure to use the correct field names if Desk and FullName are just labels you added to the dimensions instead of the field names you used for those dimensions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your expression is not only evaluated for each CFO Division value, but at the Total level as well. And there your if ... <= 10 ... condition is true. That's why you get a total of 7.

If you want to sum the individual results of the CFO Division values then you need to calculate a sum of counts. So you need to nest aggregations functions. For that you need to use the aggr function:

Sum(Aggr( if($(vL.TradeCount)<=10,0,$(vL.Concentration_Total)) , [Desk], [FullName] ))

Make sure to use the correct field names if Desk and FullName are just labels you added to the dimensions instead of the field names you used for those dimensions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand