Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HITECHFS
Contributor II
Contributor II

Please Help - Seperate Bar Charts for each year

Hi All,

Probably an easy solution but I am new to Qlik. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

My data fields are "Year", "Month" and "Jobs". Below I have attached a screenshot of an example of a bar chart where the Dimension is "Month" and the Measure is "=count(Jobs)". However, I can't figure out the expression (and where to put it) to have it only show data for a particular year. I.e. I would like to have ~10 different bar charts for each year (2010, 2011, 2012 etc.)

Any advise?

image.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Save this chart as a Master Visualization ( right click in edit mode), then use the Trellis Container from the Custom objects, Qlik Visualization bundle to use Year as dimension and add the chart to see a chart per year

Trellis.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies
WiscoSippi
Creator
Creator

Maybe try adding year as your first dimension and month as the second.

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Save this chart as a Master Visualization ( right click in edit mode), then use the Trellis Container from the Custom objects, Qlik Visualization bundle to use Year as dimension and add the chart to see a chart per year

Trellis.PNG

HITECHFS
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Benwspx1, The Bar Chart doesn't seem to have a 2nd Dimension option, it does have alternative, which I tried but this does not seem to work.

HITECHFS
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, Lisa_P, this sounds like the way to go. I tried this but receive the 'too many dimension values' error. I selected the chart from the Master List that I created as you suggested, unticked the 'include null values' option but still no joy. I only have 11 values (2010-2020), is this too many?

***Edit*** I realised I had to increase the 'maximum number of charts'. Now it works. Thanks!

WiscoSippi
Creator
Creator

There is no visible option for a second dimension. You just year first then add month.

Note, you can only have one measure if you use two dimensions.
“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry