Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solomoons
Contributor III
Contributor III

Please help me with sorting the dimensions in the bar chart

Hi all,

When I try to draw a bar chart in the app sorted by year in ascending order (which means 2019-2020-20210-2022-2023P3), this result showed:

Solomoons_0-1672225337590.png

So, what problems did I make and what should I do to adjust the sorting order in the way I want?

And for your reference, I have done some operation in the 'FY' filed (which I think may cause this problem):

Solomoons_1-1672225490448.png

Any help it would be really appreciate!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @Solomoons 

Try to change the Sorting, uncheck 'Sort numerically' and 'alphabetically' and check 'by expression' on Properties panel. You can just input the Fyear field as it is numerical of create an expresion that represents ascending values.

pedrobergo_0-1672256926981.png

[],

Pedro

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @Solomoons 

Try to change the Sorting, uncheck 'Sort numerically' and 'alphabetically' and check 'by expression' on Properties panel. You can just input the Fyear field as it is numerical of create an expresion that represents ascending values.

pedrobergo_0-1672256926981.png

[],

Pedro

Solomoons
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Pedrobergo,

Thank you so much for the reply!  But do you know what expression should I used? Since I'm totally new to Qlik Sense, so I have no clue here. I searched the web, most of them use the match() expression, should I use it either?

pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @Solomoons 

You can just input the Fyear field as it is numerical originaly, it should work.

[],

Pedro

Solomoons
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @pedrobergo 

I tried to do the operation below, but it gives me 2023P3-2019-2020-20210-2022.

But I have made it by using the 'match' expression after choosing the 'Sort by expression'.

Thanks for your help!

Solomoons_0-1672363431418.png