Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim241
Contributor
Contributor

Plotting data points by time

Hey,

I'm brand new to Qlick and for the life of me can't figure out how to do the simplest thing.

I've got a table of data representing measurements with two columns: weight and date.

All i want to do is plot these weight measurements on a chart with weight on the y axis and date on the x axis. no aggregation or anything - i have 100 measurements and I want them all plotted on the chart.

Can someone help me figure out how to do this? I've tried a scatterplot but it seems to demand aggregation, and am having no luck with a line chart either.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pravinboniface
Creator II
Creator II

@tim241 You can do this in a scatterplot.  For the measures, go to the expression by selecting fx and remove the aggregation.  So, if the expression was sum(weight), just type over it to be weight.  For min(date) or some other aggregation on the other measure, just edit it to be date.

For the dimension (bubble), you can use an expression like this just to make it look meaningful:

='[' & [date]&'-'&[weight] & ']'

This will show something like this on each point [2024/02/22-50] so that it will look like the point co-ordinates.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pravinboniface
Creator II
Creator II

@tim241 You can do this in a scatterplot.  For the measures, go to the expression by selecting fx and remove the aggregation.  So, if the expression was sum(weight), just type over it to be weight.  For min(date) or some other aggregation on the other measure, just edit it to be date.

For the dimension (bubble), you can use an expression like this just to make it look meaningful:

='[' & [date]&'-'&[weight] & ']'

This will show something like this on each point [2024/02/22-50] so that it will look like the point co-ordinates.

Hope that helps.

tim241
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks this worked!