Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajarshi_guin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Prepare data in Qlik Sense November 2017 release

Hi All,

I am trying to create a map using data from an excel file which contains the state names as a column. I am not able to create the map without using a separate file containing the geographical information of the states. In order to prepare a map without using a separate geographical information file I guess we need to prepare the data while loading using Data Manager. In one previous version I had seen how to prepare data. But I am not getting the prepare data in this November 2017 version.

So, can anyone please let me know how I can prepare the data so that I can create the map without using a separate geographical information file.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajarshi Guin

3 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Prepare data is already checked:

Capture.PNG

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Try to be sure that your geographical informations are normalized (wrote in a right way)

david_pearson
Contributor III
Contributor III

@rajarshi_guin , 

did you get this sorted? im having the same problem at the moment. im loading in City and i get a small globe symbol telling me that geographical info was detected in the table. this applies it to the City field but i was expecting, as i have see in other examples, other fields to be generated to include geo point data (longitude and latitude co-ordinates).

any advise would be greatly appreciated.