Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Provide Edit Sheet Access to Specific Apps on Specific Streams

Hi All,

I have created a stream named test_stream from admin user and published the app named test_app to the stream. The stream had access to admin user and developer user. Now the developer needs access only to edit sheet, and no need to access for data load editor and data manager.

This rule should work only for developer user and apps on the test stream as well.

Labels (5)
4 Replies
Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

Security rules are managed through the QMC (Qlik Management Console). To provide a specific user (e.g., developer) with edit sheet access only for specific apps within a stream.

muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Aasir ,

I need to know how to apply it in QMC with steps.

Or
MVP
MVP

I would expect the same steps as the ones in the Show/hide sheet documents, e.g. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Sheet-or-App-Object-Level-Security-Qlik-Sense/ta-... , but for Update rather than read.

That said, even if it works (and I'm not sure it would), I would strongly advise against allowing anyone to edit a published sheet in a published app. Changes should be made either through unpublishing the sheet, editing, and re-publishing, or doing the same at the app level. This is particularly true for creating or editing master items, which should not be created in a published app (in my experience, doing this causes significant issues).

muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Or ,

I tried but nothing worked out. Now I just have one stream only visible to admin, I have some apps needs to be move to that stream with data load editor access.