Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justindallasverizon
Contributor
Contributor

QMC Role: Read-Only Access to QMC Tasks

Hello Folks,

I have some users that should only be able to access the QMC Tasks section, and view tasks, their status, and download the log file if it's present.

I think I need to give them Read access to QmcSection_Task,ReloadTask_*,ExecutionResult_*

justindallasverizon_0-1728578666255.png

However, I'm not sure so I thought I would ask first since I know someone has solved this problem before.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Labels (4)
2 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

Hey Justin that looks right to me, but @Nick_Asilo what do you think?

As with any custom rule, be sure you test it in a non-prod environment first of course!

Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

I'm not qualified to ensure that rule is sufficient on its own but @justindallasverizon be aware that Qlik Sense rules are permissive. That is to say, no rule denies access they simply grant access, so if 99 rules don't grant a user edit rights on the task section, but 1 rule does then that user has edit rights.

I advise using the Audit Tool to assess users' rights and see associated rules to ensure the custom rules are working and interacting as intended. 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!