Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZuzJesk
Contributor
Contributor

QS SaaS: licensing vs roles & spaces

Hi there, two short question since I'm new here and I couldn't find an answer anywhere:

In Qlik Sense SaaS:

- Can a Analyzer be assigned a developer role as well?

- Can a Analyzer user schedule a trigger for a task to reload an app in Personal/Shared/Managed spaces (or even trigger a task)? If yes, how? (I believe some security rules must be added as it is in QSE on Win?)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi ZuzJesk,

They both can't do this. That is because an Analyzer can only consume applications. If they want to do more, they will have to get a Professional license.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi ZuzJesk,

They both can't do this. That is because an Analyzer can only consume applications. If they want to do more, they will have to get a Professional license.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
ZuzJesk
Contributor
Contributor
Author

So that's the difference between on prem and SaaS version? Because in onprem version you can setup some security rules so that analyzer user can schedule a trigger for a task

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Correct, but the security rules are dropped and are making place for spaces with access setups (maybe not good for everyone).

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Andrew_Roy
Support
Support

Just to update this thread for SaaS, an Analyzer can now be assigned a Developer role, which facilitates Automation.  Since we have Automation available to all licensed users, they need the capability to create and use API keys.