Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuentinZNA
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Data Transfer Flow

Hi there,

We would like to set up a pilot project for our lab in Belgium.

Our data flow would be the following; scheduled dump by windows service of selected data from DWH -> Qlik data

transfer processes and upload the data to SaaS (triggers when dump is created and deletes the old files) -> app in SaaS refreshes and App is up to date

Now, my question is about the last step; what happens with the old QVD file stored in SaaS? A new file gets uploaded, says, every day during off-peak hours and the data app refreshes, but is there a way to automatically delete the old QVD file in SaaS? 

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @QuentinZNA ,

If the local files has the SaaS same name, they will be overwrited, but if it has another name, the new files will be uploaded and older files will be untouchable. To delete them you might do it mannualy or by program/script using SaaS APIs.

QDT don't maintain files synchronization, it was created to ingest files to SaaS. 

[],

Pedro

QuentinZNA
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @pedrobergo , I'm well aware of that. Thank you for your answer.

So, in short, I need to make sure our data dumps always have the same name so it overwrites automatically in Saas.

Good news, for a second i thought i had to delete all redundant data files each month...

Have a good day