Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mansoorsheraz
Creator
Creator

Qlik Desktop and Cloud/Newer Desktop Version showing different data for the same app

Hi,

I have encountered a very strange problem regarding the count of a dimension in Qlik. On Desktop Version (I have not updated yet to the newer version yet) the count is working perfectly as shown below:

mansoorsheraz_0-1659544415187.png

Where as on the Cloud Console and on the systems with newer Desktop Version installed, the table is showing a different result altogether:

mansoorsheraz_2-1659544499789.png

If I use the distinct count in the older version of the Qlik desktop, the data becomes exactly the same as the newer or cloud version one. Why is that happening? Why the newer version is automatically getting it with the distinct? The model is below:

mansoorsheraz_3-1659544653085.png

I am, using the count on count([Name DBE Program])

Why its working different on different systems. Any help is appreciated. ( I can correct this out by using a different approach but I want to know the reason for this )

Regards.

Labels (4)
3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Quite probably is something different within the data-model between old and new. Therefore take a look if all tables are there, having the same number of records, are identically linked to each other and the values are also identically. Each slightest difference within the script-chain or the loaded data may have an impact.

Even if there were no changes the results may differ to conditionally executed code or if any settings within the environments are different, for example the interpretation-variables or any used section access.

- Marcus

mansoorsheraz
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reply. Everything is the same. Nothing different as on the cloud a copy of the app from the old desktop version was restored. No script execution done even. Still its different which is very astonishing. Why the older version is allowing non distinct values where as the newer/cloud version going on with the non distinct ones. There are no issues with the environment as well. The script does have some conditions in it but once its loaded I think it should not make any difference as it was not loaded on the newer version as well as the cloud.

Regards.

marcus_sommer

If it's just a copy of an application the data-model and the included data are the same and couldn't be directly related to your issue - unless there is any section access included which would be applied by opening the application.

Whereby it's not a typically effect of a section access to remove certain duplicates and keep just distinct values and therefore it's rather unlikely the cause.

Before looking for any new feature / changed setting within the new release respectively the cloud-version and/or thinking in the direction of a bug I suggest to re-create this object from the scratch - no copy & paste unless strings from expressions/labels and so on - to exclude any object-corruption. The next check might be to put all relevant fields a table-box with an unique key-field (if none exists in this context it might be additionally created with recno/rowno) - to see which values are there within the UI.

Beside this I suggest also to reload this application or a backup from it within the newer release to see if everything is changing. Another look may go to any centralized stuff, like master-items and/or the availability/content of variables and/or the use of direct queries.

- Marcus