Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Cloud: Connect to MySQL without using Desktop?

Apologies if this is answered definitively somewhere already, I've looked and haven't gotten a recent confirmed answer.

I'm helping a group that is really keen on being as much in the cloud as possible and so the recent Qlik Sense Cloud Business tier announcement got them excited since collaboration features are important for them.  They have data sitting in a MySQL instance in Amazon RDS that they want to use, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to establish a connection from within the browser to MySQL.  I've found some previous threads saying this wasn't possible, but that it would be possible in a future release.

Am I missing something obvious here in the interface? I've seen the video for how to connect Qlik Sense Enterprise to Amazon RDS in the browser.  Is that possible with Qlik Sense Cloud or do you have to use Qlik Sense Desktop to do the initial connection and load the data and then push up to Qlik Sense Cloud?

Thanks in advance for any help here.

12 Replies
Valerie
Contributor III
Contributor III

I would like to follow up on this same issue.
Jega
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I come few years later with this point. Now in 2019 is that possible to connect to MySQL data souce ? 

ToruNakatani
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I have been using Qlik sense desktop on Windows 7, and moved the  qvfs to Windows 10 in VirtualBOX  on macOS. After resolving some errors related to ODBC and VC++ redistribution for MySQL connection, it works now.

Now I need to move it to Qlik sense Business or Enterprise. As far as trying to setup it on Business edition, the connection failed with using MySQL Enterprise edition of Data source, though I can connect from shell on macOS.

Any idea ?