Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - Custom measure colours with expression

I am still new to qlik sense.

I am trying to set custom colours for a stacked bar chart, where each category in a measure is a different colour.

I have trawled through the community board and found no solution that worked for me. I am not at the discretion of adding extra instructions into the load data as this request is for a once off report and there are business caveats atm.

The measure is a "status", with the categories being:

Approved = Green

Cancelled = black

In progress = cyan

Rejected = magenta

Returned = yellow

Incomplete = blue

This is the expression I have been playing with, but qlik continues to say "error in expression". everything is displaying in a green colour in the expression except the "if" part, which is blue.

I'm normally ok with formulas having worked in excel quite a bit. Where are am I going wrong? I'm sure it's something simple.

if([PR-Authorization Status]='Approved',([alpha,0,128,0]),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Cancelled',([alpha,0,0,0]),if([PR-Authorization Status]='In progress',([alpha,0,128,128]),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Rejected',([alpha,255,255,0]),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Returned',([alpha,255,0,255]),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Incomplete',([alpha,0,0,128])))))))

Labels (1)
6 Replies
PriyankaShivhare
Creator II
Creator II

the color code format should be argb(175,242,0,0) or RGB(0,0,0) or '#000000'

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Priyanka
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply.

I have adjusted the expression:

if([PR-Authorization Status]='Approved',rgb([0,128,0]),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Cancelled',rgb([0,0,0]),if([PR-Authorization Status]='In progress',rgb([0,128,128]),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Rejected',rgb([255,255,0]),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Returned',rgb([255,0,255]),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Incomplete',rgb([0,0,128])))))))

And I'm now getting a "RGB takes 3 parameters" message from Qlik, but I've got the "rgb(X,X,X)"  expression listed?

Any further assistance would be appreciated >_<

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have managed to fix the expression by removing the "rgb' statement and using a basic colour function instead.

if([PR - Authorization Status]='APPROVED','purple',If([PR - Authorization Status]='IN PROCESS','blue',if([PR - Authorization Status]='CANCELLED','green',if([PR - Authorization Status]='INCOMPLETE','yellow',if([PR - Authorization Status]='REJECTED','red',if([PR - Authorization Status]='RETURNED','black','gray'))))))

PriyankaShivhare
Creator II
Creator II

u need to remove the square brackets in rgb value:

if([PR-Authorization Status]='Approved',rgb(0,128,0),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Cancelled',rgb(0,0,0),if([PR-Authorization Status]='In progress',rgb(0,128,128),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Rejected',rgb(255,255,0),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Returned',rgb(255,0,255),if([PR-Authorization Status]='Incomplete',rgb(0,0,128)))))))

Thanks,

Priyanka

PradeepK
Creator II
Creator II

Not sure if you know about Master dimension - Value colors option.

Dimension value colors remains consistent through out the application.. you do not have to write complex expression with nested if conditions. 

MasterDim - value color.png

Color Stack Barchart.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As this is for a once off report from a dataset that is accessed by many business users, I have opted for a once off expression instead of changing the master dimension. I have suggested moving forward if this request continues to be on-going then we can look at this option. It is by far the simpler choice.

Thanks for your input 🙂