Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francisco_garcia
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Enterprise - Migrating from single node to multi node

Hi all.

We 've been running Qlik Sense over a single node enviroment for about 2 years and now we want to migrate to a multi node architecture. The main goal is to separate de reload tasks from the user's comsumption of apps. My question is this: ¿can i leave the central node only as consumer node? and add two nodes, one for reload task and another for development. ¿Or needs the central node to obligatorily handle the reload tasks?
The central node stores the repository database and the qlikshare folder in it.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

@francisco_garcia the first step of adding a node is straight forward and the details on how to do so can be found in our documentation Installing Qlik Sense in a multi-node site (This includes all the steps, some of which you have already done by having a single node setup already up and running)

Regarding setting up the dev node, that too should not be much of a struggle, the following article describes Node Purposes and is worth reviewing for the context of this concern. Qlik Sense - Clarification on Node Purpose 

Regarding setting up a reload node and shunting dev work to a specific node, you'll want to read up on the various Load Balancing options. Shunting dev traffic to a dev node can be done by setting up a new virtual proxy while moving reloads to RIM nodes and excluding the Central node will require a custom load balancing rule. 

NOTE: Load balancing rules won't be able to exclude some specific tasks from being loaded in the Central Node. Because there is an immutable load-balancing role that says all resources are available on the central node. This is working as designed.

Lastly, once you get into writing custom rules I always like to link Collection of Specific Rule Scenarios and Customization of Qlik Sense Security rules, it primarily relates to custom security rules but provides information and links to a number of useful resources I advise reviewing and skimming through.

I know this was a lot but should provide you with the info you need to get started planning.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

@francisco_garcia the first step of adding a node is straight forward and the details on how to do so can be found in our documentation Installing Qlik Sense in a multi-node site (This includes all the steps, some of which you have already done by having a single node setup already up and running)

Regarding setting up the dev node, that too should not be much of a struggle, the following article describes Node Purposes and is worth reviewing for the context of this concern. Qlik Sense - Clarification on Node Purpose 

Regarding setting up a reload node and shunting dev work to a specific node, you'll want to read up on the various Load Balancing options. Shunting dev traffic to a dev node can be done by setting up a new virtual proxy while moving reloads to RIM nodes and excluding the Central node will require a custom load balancing rule. 

NOTE: Load balancing rules won't be able to exclude some specific tasks from being loaded in the Central Node. Because there is an immutable load-balancing role that says all resources are available on the central node. This is working as designed.

Lastly, once you get into writing custom rules I always like to link Collection of Specific Rule Scenarios and Customization of Qlik Sense Security rules, it primarily relates to custom security rules but provides information and links to a number of useful resources I advise reviewing and skimming through.

I know this was a lot but should provide you with the info you need to get started planning.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
francisco_garcia
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, @Nick_Asilo thanks for the info.
I think that it will help me.
Thanks.