Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crichter14
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense Filter Panes with Contradicting Items

This is a Qlik Sense question, no Qlikview answers please.

I'm having a problem visualizing how to set this up.   We have salespeople who sometimes go out alone and sometimes go in pairs.  The salespeople want to get credit for both instances.  Our table is set up as shown below.  They both get the same amount of points based on a predetermined criteria.

Sales Call ID               Primary Salesperson            Secondary Salesperson                         Points

12345                           Cheryl                                           Amy                                                                0.5

65789                          Amy                                                Cheryl                                                            1

11111                          Tushar                                          Amy                                                                  0

23540                          Amy                                               Amanda                                                          1

So Amy would get 2.5 points, Cheryl would get 1.5 points, Tushar gets 0 points and Amanda gets 1 point.

In the dashboard they have an Salesperson Filter, and 2 KPI's   Amy would have 2 points in the first KPI and 0.5 in the Second.  They want the Salesperson to trigger both KPI's even though it's set up currently to just the Primary Salesperson.  Can I do this with a filter pane?  Would a variable work?

Is this a scripting issue?  I can't seem to figure out a way to break them out separately without increasing the table size (they do not want).  

Suggestions Welcome!

Cheryl

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think you should create a solution in the script by transforming the data to this form:

Sales Call IDSalespersonRolePoints
12345    Cheryl     Primary0.5
65789    Amy       Primary1
11111    Tushar     Primary0
23540    Amy       Primary1
12345    AmySecondary0.5
65789    CherylSecondary1
11111    AmySecondary0
23540    AmandaSecondary1

Here's one way to do that:

MyTable:
LOAD [Sales Call ID], [Primary Salesperson] as Salesperson, 'Primary' as Role, Point FROM ...source...;
LOAD [Sales Call ID], [Secondary Salesperson] as Salesperson, 'Secondary' as Role, Point FROM ...source...;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think you should create a solution in the script by transforming the data to this form:

Sales Call IDSalespersonRolePoints
12345    Cheryl     Primary0.5
65789    Amy       Primary1
11111    Tushar     Primary0
23540    Amy       Primary1
12345    AmySecondary0.5
65789    CherylSecondary1
11111    AmySecondary0
23540    AmandaSecondary1

Here's one way to do that:

MyTable:
LOAD [Sales Call ID], [Primary Salesperson] as Salesperson, 'Primary' as Role, Point FROM ...source...;
LOAD [Sales Call ID], [Secondary Salesperson] as Salesperson, 'Secondary' as Role, Point FROM ...source...;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
crichter14
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Gilbert,

That actually worked much better.  Thank you for the idea.

Cheryl