Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Map is Currently Showing Limited Data Set

Hello Qlik Community,

I'm experimenting with the Map chart that comes with Qlik Sense Server 2.2 on Windows Server 2012 R2.  I have a CSV file of latitude-longitude pairs.  The Map chart shows only 1935 of my over 10,000 points.  There is also a footnote *Currently showing a limited data set.

From this forum, I see that Qlik Sense used to be able to render no more than 1000 points in a Map.  Despite the interest in overcoming this, I haven't found any record that the limit can be exceeded as of 2016.  I also didn't find anything in the server manuals, but this may be due partly to not knowing what the problem is.   I have heard a rumor there is a server setting now that will allow me to map all the points. But no documentation alas.

I've tried reconfiguring the Qlik Sense Engine to allow it more memory, but this hasn't helped.  I wonder whether there's some throttle on the requests that the Engine can make to the Mapbox API?

10 Replies
adriennn
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense will show 1000 items by default. If you click on your layer in the properties panel --> Options --> General, you will find the setting 'Max visible objects' and you can set this value to 3333, which should be enough for any application. Anything more needs a geographical hierarchy.