Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williams596
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Section Access not working

Hi all,

I've tried applying section access to an app and it's not working on any users. Script below:

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS,USERID,DIVISION
ADMIN,INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER,*
USER,DOMAIN\USER1,DIVISION1
USER,DOMAIN\USER2,DIVISION2
USER,DOMAIN\USER3,DIVISION3
USER,DOMAIN\USER4,DIVISION4
];

Section Application;

Sales:

LOAD

Division

Sales

Users are still seeing all data on published app. Am I missing a setting or something in QMC?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi William,

It is because the values you have passed in Section Access table is not matching with the actual data.

In your example case, make sure that the Division field in the Sales table has the values in capital letter.

Now the question is how to open the app and change. For this you can do following.

Duplicate the app

Right click on the app and click "Open without Data".

Once you do this, application will open and you can do the modification and republish it again and check.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Williams,

Did you actually wrote DIVISION and Division? Because those two are not going to be linked, because the caps are not the same. Try to see if the tables are linked together. No link = No section access.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
williams596
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The section access table is not appearing in the data manager view at all - should it be? I've tried DIVISION and Division in the section access table and neither works.

Thanks

williams596
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I've changed Division to DIVISION in the sales table, republished and reloaded via QMC and now I'm getting access denied?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi William,

It is because the values you have passed in Section Access table is not matching with the actual data.

In your example case, make sure that the Division field in the Sales table has the values in capital letter.

Now the question is how to open the app and change. For this you can do following.

Duplicate the app

Right click on the app and click "Open without Data".

Once you do this, application will open and you can do the modification and republish it again and check.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!