Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdean1012
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Top 15 Ranking, But With Transaction Detail

Good afternoon/evening!

I have a Qlik Sense data set that has Customer, Order ID, and Amount.  A Customer often has many orders.

I'd like to create a table that shows my Top 15 Customers by Amount, BUT, include the Order ID column.  So, the result would be only my top 15 customers, but the table would have more than 15 rows due to the inclusion of the Order ID.

I'd like to dynamically do this in the sheet editor rather than hard-code it into the load script.

Is this possible?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jdean1012
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I figured it out.  The issue was the "Business Unit" column, which was the only column in the visual that came from a different table in the model.  If I removed "Business Unit", applied the Top 15 ranking, and then re-added "Business Unit", it worked.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Yes, this is normal behaviour for us.

Add Customer and OrderID as dimensions and sum(Amount) as a measure.

In the Customer dimension column setting in the properties panel, set your limitation to Top 15, deselect show others as per the screenshot below.

top15.PNG

jdean1012
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for the response.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case with my data; I may be doing something wrong.  Please see screenshot.  The actual data set I am using, consider "Full Name" as Customer and "Transaction Description" as Order ID.

FYI...if I remove Business Unit, which is the only dimension table lookup in this chart, it works.  But, unfortunately, I need Business Unit included.

THANKS

Top15 Full Names w Transaction Detail.PNG

jdean1012
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I figured it out.  The issue was the "Business Unit" column, which was the only column in the visual that came from a different table in the model.  If I removed "Business Unit", applied the Top 15 ranking, and then re-added "Business Unit", it worked.  Thanks!