Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prishmayo
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense

Anyone familiar with Qlik Sense? Working on a what should be a fairly simple project, mainly just was hoping to know why the way i'm filtering some charts continually is returning invalid dimension from the expression I'm using.

One example:

Trying to retrieve the name of certain parts of production but only if the rows don't indicate that there was a stop in the production. Again, using this as a dimension but returns invalid dimension. Wondering if it's the expression itself that is incorrect or if it's more based on the data/how I'm using it.

If(Program <> 'DETECT STOP', Program)

Thanks

Labels (1)
3 Replies
LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you complete the If statement, it would read:

If(Program <> 'DETECT STOP', Program, Null())

The rows are not invalid, the value is just evaluated as NULL.

If you don't want to see them, unselect the "Include null values" checkbox in the dimension.

LRuCelver_1-1707209693805.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@prishmayo Looks fine the logic you written, Qlik sense is case sensitive (Especially when there is Wildcard), you can try any one below

If(Upper(Program) <> 'DETECT STOP', Program)

If(Not WildMatch(Upper(Program), 'DETECT STOP'), Program) 

etc...

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

calculated fields that are used as dimensions need to be wrapped in AGGR(); try below

Option1

=AGGR(If(Program <> 'DETECT STOP', Program),Program)

Option2

=AGGR(only({<Program-={'DETECT STOP'}>}Program),Program)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.