Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CV2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik sense Writeback table how to use "Options Field" in drop down

Hello-

I have a Writeback table where I would like to use a drop down and set the options for the drop down in the Data Load editor. I thought I saw how to do this here :https://community.vizlib.com/support/solutions/articles/35000156684-vizlib-writeback-table-propertie... but I can't seem to get the options to populate in the drop down. I have not found documentation on this besides this link.

I am especially confused on what to put for "Options Field Separator" (I'm not even sure what this means).

This is what I have so far:

DLE:

CV2_2-1669926987266.png

Qlik:

CV2_3-1669927043497.png

(when I used "dimension" instead of creating a column, it created 3 separate rows in the table-one for each value-rather drop down options).

Any help would be much appreciated! My table is going to have A LOT of drop downs with many options so being able to easily define them in the DLE is essential.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Riya07
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @CV2 ,

Did you get any workaround for this. I am facing the same issue

CV2
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Riya07 - I have not tried this yet as I no longer need this, but this was the answer I received from posting in another forum: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/74866884/qlik-sense-vizlib-writeback-table-how-to-set-options-in...

pdlnfool
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @CV2 and @Riya07 

I was able to get this to work. My code is exactly the same format as CV2's with the values changed. Initially, I had the same result where the dropdown was blank. But after I did one writeback, the dropdown was populated.

I am also unsure what the "Options Field Separator" is supposed to be, but I left it as a semicolon and it worked.