Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prakash004
Contributor
Contributor

QlikSense features for Contributor access

Hi All,

Need your inputs on the below query.

Could you please let us know the different features available in QlikSense  for business user for their self service analytics when they have Contributor user access.

Also kindly confirm the major difference between Developer and Contributor access.

Thanks,

Prakash Sethy

Security_Rules.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"Developer" and "Contributor" are pseudo-roles you will create in that given example by assigning custom properties.  Those are not out of the box roles.  Follow the example to see what privileges they assign to each. And of course you can adjust to fit your requirements. 

-Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Prakash004 

Below are the user permissions available in Qlik Sense SaaS edition:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/SaaS-user-permissi...

I am not sure what you mean by contributor role, I haven't heard this in Qlik SaaS edition.

I hope this helps!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
Prakash004
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Vinay,

I'm talking about below rules in QlikSense

Prakash004_0-1634818710946.png

Prakash Sethy

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hello,

The example you referenced https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/August2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Depl... is for Qlik Sense on Windows.  Is that your environment?  Or are you looking specifically at Qlik Sense for Business (Saas)?

-Rob

Prakash004
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @rwunderlich,

Yes this is for windows. Currently I'm using windows enterprise edition. 

Thanks,

Prakash 

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"Developer" and "Contributor" are pseudo-roles you will create in that given example by assigning custom properties.  Those are not out of the box roles.  Follow the example to see what privileges they assign to each. And of course you can adjust to fit your requirements. 

-Rob