cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PP_12
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense help - Star Schema/Joins or ApplyMap - Load Editor

Hi, I'm a new user to QLIK, scripting & overall beginner. I am looking for any help or recommendations to deal with my tables below. Just trying to create a good model to link my tables.

Created a sample here

<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BmQuU9dbXSaObFqMPdBXh9m-m1oHYJEL/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=10500...">file</a> The original 3 tables are different qvd files

1) **Transactions table** has multiple columns and the main ones are TxnID, SourcePartyTypeID, DestPartyTypeID, SourcePartyType, DestinationPartyType, ConductorID.

2) **Customers Table** - CustName, CustID etc.

3) **Accounts Table** - AcctID, AcctNum, PrimaryActID etc.

With transactions it can relate to multiple CustID's/AcctID's which are linked by the Dest/SourcePartyIDs. Also the transaction has a source/destination party type field where A = Accounts, C = Customers & some NULLs.

I have read a lot on data models and a link table for star schema or join is recommended but I am unsure how to code this because these are also based on the Source/DestinationType fields (Transactions Table) where A = Accounts & C = Customers. Have tried to code but not successful.

I'm unsure how to join based on SourceType/DestinationType = Accounts or Customers. **Link table or ApplyMap() with a WHERE clause?? Any suggestions**

0 Replies