Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktalreja
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense API test using Postman

Hi All,

I want to extract table data from one of the Qliksense sheets and I tried to use the Qliksense APIs using Postman. I have the certificates and I have already added the certificate to Postman, but I am not sure about the authentication parameters like X-Qlik-User, what the value of user directory and user id will be, could someone please guide me with this information

Thank you

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Vicky_Z
Support
Support

Hi you may follow the steps in How to use Postman to make API calls and use/verify JSON output which provides detailed samples for these parameters

ktalreja
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vicky_Z,

Thank you for the information

The Qliksense application access for my organisation is certificate click based, with ldap configuration.

I used the App URL as the end point url for the API call and added the certificate and key to the Postman application and called a GET request but in response I am getting the output in HTML format which contains the title of the UI certificate that we used for manual login instead of Json. I also tried adding additional parameters like "Xrfkey" & "X-Qlik-User" but I am still getting the same issue

I have a usecase in which I want to download sheet data directly from the Qliksense API call rather than using the front end application.

Could you please tell me if REST API calls will help me with the aforementioned usecase or if I need to use Qliksense Javascript APIs, and if so, is there any documentation available to guide me through the javascript API consumption setup

Thanks in advance