Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricOlson
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense desktop, cannot open as Qliksense local enterprise customer

We upgraded to qliksense in 2020.  I just upgraded for the first time today to feb 2022 version.  I see a conversion tool and qliksense desktop.  But the desktop app will not launch without a url from hub, but my hub does not have a profile section where I can launch from.  As a qliksense enterprise on-prem install am I not able to use qliksense desktop?

I did install migration tool, but after reading a bit more, I think this tool is only for converting to online qliksense.

The qliksense hub converter still fails 95% of the time for me.  I tried the /nodata method today, but still fails with error and does not describe any details about the failure, does anyone have suggestion on converting qlikview to qliksense?

Labels (1)
  • QMC

7 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @EricOlson ,

Thanks for posting.

If you do not see the link it could be it was not set up yet.

Kindly review Configuring client authentication ‒ Qlik Sense for administrators to set it up and be able to use the Qlik Sense Desktop as needed.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
EricOlson
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I did not have the virtual proxy setup.  I tried several different url options, starting with our OKTA MFA login process, but even if I see the 2FA login and go thru the steps it returns an error "Failed to open the select hub"  

Albert_Candelario

Hello @EricOlson,

what version of the Qlik Sense Desktop are you using as with the February 2022 there is an issue that would lead into this error?

If you were using February 2022, could you kindly test November 2021 Qlik Sense Desktop version and let us know the outcome.

Cheers,

Albert

EricOlson
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I was hopeful, but same result.  I was using Feb 2022 desktop app, uninstalled and installed nov 2021 version.  Thank you for the idea.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @EricOlson ,

Is the user having a Professional License assigned, right?

Cheers,

Albert

EricOlson
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes Professional licensed.  I will keep using web interface, I will try desktop app again upon next upgrade.

Albert_Candelario

Alright, @EricOlson . Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,

Albert