Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mustafatanyer
Contributor
Contributor

RangeSum Function with If Condition

Hi,

So I have this rangeSum function in a table perfectly working:

rangeSum (Below(Sum([Sales]),0,($(vMonthCalc)+1)))

Here variable vMonthCalc keeps track of the interval between current month and the beginning of the year by checking a date field. (I.E. for 01.01.2018 it holds 0, for 01.02.2018 it holds 1, 01.11.2017 it holds 10 and so on).

And I have two products in my Products field, A and B. I only need to calculate total amount of sales for product A since the beginning of the year. But my function as you can imagine gives me the total sales for product A and B.

(I.E.

Date                  Products   Sales

01.01.2018              A           20

01.01.2018              B           30

01.02.2018              A           10

01.02.2018              B           20

)

The function holds 50 for January and 80 for February. But I need to hold 20 for January and 30 for February.

I tried to use an if condition everywhere in the formula but couldn't succeed.

Can anyone help me where to put an if condition or how to make a set analysis for this condition ?

Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

RangeSum(Below(Sum({<Products = {'A'}>} [Sales]), 0, ($(vMonthCalc)+1)))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

RangeSum(Below(Sum({<Products = {'A'}>} [Sales]), 0, ($(vMonthCalc)+1)))

mustafatanyer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

‌worked fine thanks a lot

jazzsran
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

I have stacked barchart, with two dimensions country and YearMonth and a measure sum(Sales) but for each country the source for sales is different, also the field names are different. suppose sales1 and sales2

I am using if statement on country to guide to the correct calculative statement which is working fine.

if(country='J',sum(sales1),if(country='I',Sum(Sales2)))

Now, there is a requirement that one of sales is already cumulative other should be calculated in the chart.

When I apply this formula only on that country it works fine, but when I add it in the If statement related data just disappeared and country from the chart.

if(country='J',sum(sales1),if(country='I',Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(sales2), 0, RowNo())),YearMonth)))

Could anyone please guide me?

Thanks