Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bjorn
Contributor
Contributor

Rangesum value in 7 days?

Hi all,

First community-post. Tried to do some searches, but with no luck.

I have a rangesum that calculates expected inventory in the future:

Sum(Aggr(Rangesum(Above($(expr.SumQty.Facttype(Supply))-$(expr.SumQty.Facttype(Demand)),0,30)), (Date, (Numeric, Ascending)) ))+$(expr.SumQty.Facttype(Inventory)) ))

The reason I have $(expr.SumQty.Facttype(Inventory)) outside the rangesum is because the current inventory exists as a value on every future date

This works fine on its own. However, when I try to put it in a set-analysis to find out what the expected inventory will be in 7 days from now it won't work:

=sum({$<Date={"$(=Date(Today()+7, 'DD.MM.YYYY'))"}>}Aggr(Rangesum(Above($(expr.SumQty.Facttype(Supply))-$(expr.SumQty.Facttype(Demand)),0,30)), (Date, (Numeric, Ascending)) )+$(expr.SumQty.Facttype(Inventory)))

Any advice on why this is not working? Thank you all in advance!

BR Bjørn

Labels (3)
2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

That could be because set analysis restricting the Date evaluation to that specific date. Try with IF instead like:

=sum(If( Floor(Date)=(Today()+7),
Aggr(Rangesum(Above($(expr.SumQty.Facttype(Supply))-$(expr.SumQty.Facttype(Demand)),0,30)),
(Date, (Numeric, Ascending)) )+$(expr.SumQty.Facttype(Inventory))) )

If this doesn't help, try to share a sample app to play around towards to solution.

Bjorn
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Tresesco.

I could not get your formula to work.

Attached sample app. Let me know if it works for you.

Bottom left table is where I am trying to add measures of what will Est. On Hand be in 7 days, 14 days, 21 days, etc

Thank you so much!

BR Bjørn