Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crichter14
Creator
Creator

Rank as a KPI

I've looked through quite a few questions on Rank, and I haven't found an answer yet that I've understood.  I have a rank calculation that works great in a table, but I can't seem to make it translate to a KPI.  User wants to limit by season, label and group type - then they will pick a SKU ID 6993 for example in the filters and get that sku's rank.

Here's the calculation in the table, how can I make it a KPI?  SKU is not a variable.

RANK(TOTAL

-AVG({1<

SEASON={'S19'},

LABEL={'Extact'},

[GROUP_TYPE]={'BFG'}>}

([RATE_THIS_DRESS])))

Edit:  I've gone back to the source and the main code starts here.  I have no idea what this does...

RANK(TOTAL -AVG({1<DATE = $::DATE>}PRODUCT_RATING))

Assuming its a rank of the product's rating, based on the Total minus the average??  I am so confused.

Labels (1)
  • Chart

2 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Chrichter,

Have you tried to aggregate this by your SKU?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
crichter14
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jordy, I have but I can't seem to get the syntax correct.  in the table there are some ranks that come back as a single number (example 22).  Others come back as 23-24, I either get 23 or 24, but not '23-24'.  Since I'm still fairly new, I didn't know if this was my mistake or simply when we're talking a KPI it's not going to give us ranges.

This was previously hard coded, but the user wants it 'automated' now.