Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deep2021
Creator III
Creator III

Reducing offset and length for Qlik sense columns

Hi All,

My application size has increased drastically.

When I checked XML data for the table I found that the offset values for the columns has increased.

deep2021_0-1677867207853.png

Can you please suggest how to reduce the table size in the above scenario. I need all the columns.

Thanks

Labels (4)
4 Replies
AustinSpivey
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I believe the offsets are just telling you the index at which those symbols start being represented in the symbol table. The culprit appears to me to be the [path] field, which has 6.6 million symbols at a Bitwidth of 23. If you multiply that 6669231 by 23, you get 153392313 which, when added to the other elements here, would likely get you to that length of 179273219.

What do those [path] values look like? Are they all really long? Do you have a few outliers that are particularly large? You could consult this article from Henric Cronstrom that may help to understand how to get an efficient table underneath the hood.

Austin Spivey | Principal Consultant @ Arc Analytics
ArcAnalytics.us | Add me on LinkedIn
deep2021
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Even after commenting path field there is not much impact on app size.

Can you please suggest what can be done?

Thanks

AustinSpivey
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

What version of Qlik Sense are you using?

Austin Spivey | Principal Consultant @ Arc Analytics
ArcAnalytics.us | Add me on LinkedIn
deep2021
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

We are using the below version,

deep2021_0-1678040299300.png

I suspect, increased cardinality as compared with previous versions is the main reason why the application size has increased.

Please find the below example-

deep2021_0-1678075178506.png

New version-

deep2021_1-1678075211863.png

I also found that some of the columns are not in desired format.

Can you please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, can you please also suggest the other parameters that I need to check for the further analysis?

Thanks