Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II

Regular expressions: 2022 and above

Hello,
I fetch data from files, the files are generated every day and every day I need to add one file more.
We want to limit file generation and not generate files for 2020 and 2021, what should such a regular expression look like?

The previous expressions we used to download files for 2020 and above:

FROM [$(vLevel2Path)\Items\Items202?????.qvd]
(qvd)

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You may just switch to a filelist() load and query within it parts of the filename or maybe the filetime() or something else, like:

for each file in filelist('$(vLevel2Path)\Items\Items202?????.qvd')
   if keepchar(subfield('$(file)', '\', -1), '0123456789') >= 20220101 then
      t: load .... from [$(file)] (qvd);
    end if
next

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

You may just switch to a filelist() load and query within it parts of the filename or maybe the filetime() or something else, like:

for each file in filelist('$(vLevel2Path)\Items\Items202?????.qvd')
   if keepchar(subfield('$(file)', '\', -1), '0123456789') >= 20220101 then
      t: load .... from [$(file)] (qvd);
    end if
next

Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks, we already have one solution with a loop that seems simpler (we define the current year and the year from which we start):

for yyyy=vStartYear to vCurrentYear

Items:
LOAD
FROM [$(vLevel2Path)\Items\*$(yyyy)????.qvd]
(qvd)
;

next // yyyy

The problem is that using loops, the app takes more data than it should take, but I don't see that there is any extra data.

That's why I wanted to make a regular expression, unless such "simple" solutions  are not available in Qlik 😞

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
marcus_sommer

IMO the above suggested way of using a filelist() loop is a very simple and also an extremely powerful approach - because it's a general way to load any data.

It might be kept so simple like above but in may also be included within a dirlist() to scan multiple folder-hierarchies and there might be also more conditions be needed as extracting a period-information from the file-name else also n categories (also from the folder-names) and filesize/filetime and/or the exists of certain fields and reacting on it and/or more measures like copying/moving the files and many more.

Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks a lot @marcus_sommer , after some time I understood what this list was about -> very useful option.

Thanks & Regards,