Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liviumac
Creator
Creator

Relational operators as set modifiers

hello

I have the following date structure: date, client, sales

suppose I want to calculate the sales for the period after a certain date (let's say after 20 nov 2016)

I have tried to use sum({<date>42694>}Sales) but it does not work, so is there an alternative way to do this?

thank you very much

LM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

The syntax isn't quite right. Try this one:

sum({< date = {">42694"} >} Sales)

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

The syntax isn't quite right. Try this one:

sum({< date = {">42694"} >} Sales)

- Marcus

Anil_Babu_Samineni

How is your date format looks like? Is that is in number format or Date format. If date format it won't work for numbers.

date(date) as date

Expression:

sum({< date = {"> $(=Date(...))"} >} Sales)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sam_grounds
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Marcus' answer will give you exactly that.

To expand on this a little bit, it depends on what your data format is. If your date is stored as a number then 42694 will work, however if it is stored as a date, then you will need to do it like this...

sum({$<date={'>20/11/2016'}>}Sales)

(note: use single quotes around the date.)

Or if you're using a dynamic date, something you want the user to be able to specify, the simply pre-calculate a variable with something like this...

sum({$<date={'>$(vDate)'}>}Sales)

The $(vDate) would reference a variable called vDate that you can put into an on-screen object and allow them to change or you can edit it directly with the variable overview (CTRL + ALT + V), or specify it in the load script with...

LET vDate = '20/11/2016';

Or even

LET vDate = Date(Today()-1,'DD/MM/YYYY');

(for yesterday).

If it's numerical format, then use Date#().

Hope this helps.

Sam

liviumac
Creator
Creator
Author

thank you all, your solutions worked - I obviously wasn't using the correct syntax and on top of that I also had a different formatting of the date.

great community, thank you once again.