Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Removing totals from table visualization

Hi,

I'd like to remove totals from a table visualization, as I am using Year as a dimension and the total of the years do not represent anything.  Please could you let me know where in the properties I can untick totals for a table?  

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vikash
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Deselect the Chart Suggestion option. Then you will be able to see the Appearance tab.

VK

View solution in original post

Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot!  I found it.  😊

View solution in original post

10 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, if it's a simple table you need to set the totals option to 'none' in every expression.

Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Rubenmarin,

Thanks for your comment, but where in the properties pane I am supposed to see the totals option?  I'd appreciate it if you could let me know where I can disable it.  

Sakiko_0-1622909425059.png

rubenmarin

Hi, it should be in the Expenses measure, expand it and look for the totals options.

Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks again, but I cannot see the totals option where I can disable it.  

First, I expended the Measures, and

Sakiko_1-1622943949650.png

went into Expression, and the default setting shows "No aggregation" and total tick-box being grayed out.  Where am I supposed to see the total option?  

Sakiko_0-1622943827120.png

Vikash
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Go to the Appearance tab and uncheck the Total (Auto) Option. see below-

Vikash_0-1622953027911.png

VK

Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi, 

Thanks for your response, but how can I get to that screen print you have pasted?  In my application, those choices do not appear when I get into the properties pane.  

Sakiko_0-1622955463854.png

Vikash
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi ,

Scroll to the below of the properties panel then you will be able to see the Appearance tab. Under this,  you will see the Total checkbox. see below-

Vikash_0-1622956092189.png

Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks again, but the thing is, with this table visualization, those choices do not appear.  Other chart visualizations show the selections of Data, Sorting, Add-ons, and Appearance options when I go into properties pane, but for this table visualization, the below is the first screen after going into the properties pane.  I tried to expand several options but I couldn't see what I was looking for.  Am I missing something?  

Sakiko_0-1622956500897.png

Vikash
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Deselect the Chart Suggestion option. Then you will be able to see the Appearance tab.

VK