Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cypressyg
Contributor
Contributor

Retrieve the dimension based on the max of measure

Hello there,

I have struggled with this Qlik Sense chart expression for a few days and have not figured out how to write it. Hope you can help me: )

I have a data table concatenating data set A  - revenue and data set B - opportunity. They both have 2 common fields - customer and part_number. I created a table that has customer and part_number as dimension, and a measure for revenue. I want grab a new dimension from data set B where it corresponda to the max of another measure for the same customer and part_number (sum({<$(vSetfromB)>}$(vValuefromB)) ). So below is the expression I wrote but only got null values:

FirstSortedValue(dim_from_B, -aggr(sum({<$(vSetfromB)>}$(vValuefromB)), customer, part_number, dim_from_B) )

Could you let me know where is wrong? Thanks a lot!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cypressyg
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This works:

FIRSTSORTEDVALUE(TOTAL <customer, part_number> dim_from_B, AGGR(SUM({<$(vSetfromB)>}$(vValuefromB)), customer, part_number, dim_from_B))

Thanks for the previous reply from stalwar1!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Don't see anything which looks wrong in the first look... would you be able to share  a sample where this isn't working....

also, you can try to add DISTINCT to see if that helps

FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT dim_from_B, -aggr(sum({<$(vSetfromB)>}$(vValuefromB)), customer, part_number,dim_from_B) )

cypressyg
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This works:

FIRSTSORTEDVALUE(TOTAL <customer, part_number> dim_from_B, AGGR(SUM({<$(vSetfromB)>}$(vValuefromB)), customer, part_number, dim_from_B))

Thanks for the previous reply from stalwar1!