Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ari_vzla
Contributor III
Contributor III

Return working days for each week of the year

Hi community, 

I have an issue trying to get the working days in a week for during several weeks, I am using the expresion below

NetWorkDays(WeekStart([Creation Date Picking.autoCalendar.Week]), weekend([Creation Date Picking.autoCalendar.Week]),$(Holidays))

Creation date Picking.autoCalendar.Week is the range of dates and I have set up some days as holidays.

I get as result below graph, but the result is wrong since I had assigned  holiday in week  42 (10/12/2020) and W45 (11/02/2020) and the results is always the same, 5 days, even W42 and W45 must to be 4 days.

Some expert that can give me a solution or let me know what the issue is?

Picking Time- Qlik Sense.png

Thank you so much 

Arieli V

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
caiogil1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Your logic seems correct but I used a different approach (using min/max instead of weekstart/weekend) to get the result like bellow:

caiogil1_0-1605043035534.png

It is important that your variable Holidays is something like in the bottom of the image (variable = '01/01/2020', '02/01/2020', ...), each date between simple quotes and separated by comma like @Fernando_Fabregas suggested. 

I hope to learn a lot here and help if I can

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Fernando_Fabregas
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ! Do you have explicit simple quotes around every holiday in your string $(Holidays)?

Otherwise will be replaced with a division between 3 numbers... ie: 10/12/2020 = 0,000412541 and it will not match with any week.

Regards, Fernando

caiogil1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Your logic seems correct but I used a different approach (using min/max instead of weekstart/weekend) to get the result like bellow:

caiogil1_0-1605043035534.png

It is important that your variable Holidays is something like in the bottom of the image (variable = '01/01/2020', '02/01/2020', ...), each date between simple quotes and separated by comma like @Fernando_Fabregas suggested. 

Ari_vzla
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much, your  solution works better than mine. After a few hours,  I found the problem with my expresion, I had to created a table returning the value to understood what happened. I do not  know why,  but weekstart expresion return dates in 1900, same for weekend. I had to created a new field with weekstart and weekend to got the correct date in order to get the correct solution.

NetWorkDays(WeekStart([Creation Date Picking.autoCalendar.Week]), weekend([Creation Date Picking.autoCalendar.Week]), $(Holidays))

Hoja - Qlik Sense.png

 In conclusion, your solution is easier than mine. Thank you so much. 

Now, I need show only the last 4 weeks, I am using expresion below using the part that you proposed

Count({<[Creation Date Picking.autoCalendar.Date] = {">=$(=WeekStart((Today()-28)))<= $(=WeekEnd((Today()-7)))"}>}[Confirmation time Picking])/(NetWorkDays(Min([Creation Date Picking.autoCalendar.Date]), max([Creation Date Picking.autoCalendar.Date]), $(Holidays))), 

but  I got  below graphs, I need clean the last first weeks and leave only last 4 weeks, do you have and idea how can I do it?

Qlik Sense.png

 Thank you so much

Arieli V

Ari_vzla
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Fernando, 

Yes, I am added a script with info about holidays.

caiogil1
Contributor III
Contributor III

How about use your first idea expression's in set analysis? Consider the range of dates From/To like bellow:

To: weekend(today(), -1)

caiogil1_0-1605063074420.png

Final formula
NetWorkDays(
min({<DateField={">=$(=weekstart(today(), -4))<=$(=weekend(today(), -1))"}>}DateField)
max({<DateField={">=$(=weekstart(today(), -4))<=$(=weekend(today(), -1))"}>}DateField)
$(vFakeHolidays))

Remind weekstart() points to Sunday and weekend() consider Saturday, but you can change that using the third parameter if needed.

caiogil1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Just a tip... don't use today() in the visualization layer. I prefer to save the function results in a variable during the Load Script, because if you don't run the load script for some days the today() is "updating" but your data is not.