Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odydt
Contributor
Contributor

Rim node install requiring SSL database connection

Hi All,

Hoping that someone can help me out, pretty new to Qlik. Trying to setup a new staging environment, have installed central node and am now trying to install on a rim node with connection to the postgres db on the central node. For some reason it looks like the installer is trying to force an SSL connection to the database, which the documentation explicitly states is not a thing and in fact the docs say that the installer DOES NOT support ssl?

qlik-nov2023-rim-install.png

If I use the repository Diagnostics Tool on central node and specificy SSL, it actively refuses the connection (because SSL is not configured in any of the postgres config!) so I think it is coming from the installer on the rim node itself.

odydt_0-1705091797694.png

Diagnostics tool connects fine from central node if I do not tell it to Use SSL. Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated. Note that these hosts were running an older version of Qlik previously and it has all been uninstalled. 

Labels (1)
2 Replies
odydt
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I should add that I used this same installer file on other hosts to upgrade a different environment (also no SSL enabled)and did not run into this same issue. 

Sebastian_Linser

Hello,

You would get the same error also if you cant access the db from the rimnode.

Make sure on the pg_hba.conf and postgresql on the central node you have the

right iprange and listening adresses defined. If you installed the central node with standard otions it will only open the connection for the same host.

Im the qliksense util can you try with the name of the fully qualified name or ip of the central node instead of localhost?

Best regards 

Sebastian 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂