Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhyseretto
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sales outside of month selection showing as '-' if month selected has no sales

rhys.png

I've dumbed this down a bit, but here is the gist.. User selects a Calendar YearMonth. The second column reads that month's sales and is simply: 'Sum(Sales)'.

The first column shows the sales from 2 months ago. For simplicity, this currently is: 'if([Calendar YearMonth]='2021-02',Sum({<[Calendar YearMonth]={'2020-12'}>} Sales))'.

This works except for Retailer 5. Retailer 5 has $500 of Sales for Dec 2020, and $0 Sales for Feb 2021. QlikSense sort of seems to know this (hence it appearing in the table when Retailers with $0 for Dec 2020 and Feb 2021 don't). However, Dec 2020 is reading '-', when it should say $500. I'm obviously missing something important.

Help appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (6)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm guessing your issue is with the set analysis / variable / whatever used to generate the 2020-12 value. Do you get a correct result if you hard-code that value instead of using a variable/formula?

rhyseretto
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for putting me onto the right path. Instead of if([Calendar YearMonth] = xxx, I needed to have if(v_CalMonth = xxx

Or
MVP
MVP

Perfect. This was the suspect because the combination of Retailer 5 - 2021-02 presumably doesn't exist in the data, so trying to read Calendar YearMonth in that context would return null rather than the 'expected' 2020-12. Glad you got it working.