Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simo
Contributor
Contributor

Scatter plot not showing all values

Hello,

I have a data set containing date and dose. In the data set there are several separate date's (or time stamps) with dose values. 

Teamplay1.png

When I make scatter plot I want date to be on the x-axis and dose on the y-axis. Thus on the Bubble and y-axis measures I have dose and on x-axis I have date.  My problem is that the plot doesn't show all the datapoints (only showing 3?).  

teamplay2.PNG

If I use count(date) I get how many of these same dose values I have in the data but how can I plot them all on scatter plot? 

teamplay4.PNG

 Thanks for all the help

Labels (1)
3 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

The bubble is a dimension not a measure its what you are measuring I'm guessing in your example a type of medicine being administered.  

You can add a 3rd measure to this by sizing your bubble.

In this example you have customers as the dimension and I'm looking sales vs margin plus the volume of orders is the size.

ogster1974_0-1675157753963.png

Simo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I might have a bit of misunderstanding dimensions/measures. For my point of view with Bubble dimension I tell what value (or text) it shows next to the data point and with x and y measures the place of the bubble.. Not sure if this is correct but the end result should look something like this (quick excel graph from part of the data). 

Qlik sense example.PNG

But I can't get similar with Qlik sense with this data set and I'm too much of a beginner to realize what is the reason. With other data sets where dose values are all different I'm able to do this.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Your Date field is currently a timestamp.

Try creating a new field with only the date in there.  Looks like its treating your date as a text value due to the left alignment so something along the lines of 

Date(Date#(Left(Dose_studydate,10),'MM.DD.YYYY'),'MM.DD.YYYY') as ReportDate

Then use that on your X axis.