Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dewan_abdullah
Partner - Contributor III

Section Access is not working

Hello,

I'm trying to implement section access on an app. Here is my code:

Section Access;

Load * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, CATEGORY

USER, DOMAIN\user1, 0102

ADMIN, DOMAIN\administrator, *

];

Section Application;

Sales:

Load

SalesAmount,

CATEGORY,

I checked the OSuser() and the result was DOMAIN and USER ID: user1.

As admin user it's working fine, however, the other user is getting Access Denied message. Any clue?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dewan_abdullah
Author

I solved the issue by creating and loading a new table that has only the category field.

Thanks for the help @marcus_sommer  @Or 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'd suggest confirming that the value 0102 actually exists in your data under Sales, and that it is recognized as text (if it's recognized as numeric, the leading 0 will be trimmed). You may want to explicitly format it as text(CATEGORY) as CATEGORY to make sure.

dewan_abdullah
Author

I did confirm the values and yes it's under Sales. I believe it's text because when viewing the field in a table the leading 0 wasn't trimmed.

dewan_abdullah
Author

I tried using text(CATEGORY) as CATEGORY, but it didn't work. Any other suggestion?

marcus_sommer

Just comment the section access statement to load the section access table visible within the application. Now create a table-box with these fields and some of the linked fields. Are really all expected data (number of records + values + formatting) there and if you select for the users and/or the category the dataset is appropriate filtered?

- Marcus  

dewan_abdullah
Author

I solved the issue by creating and loading a new table that has only the category field.

Thanks for the help @marcus_sommer  @Or