Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chibi
Creator
Creator

Select a value in the filter that cannot be changed by user

I have a filter for a region and I want to make sure that that when assigned the app to the user, they will not be able to remove the selected filter. Is there a way to do this? How can I make this happen? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

@chibi  and @anat 

My suggestion using section access will lock the filtrering per user and there is no way for the user to break that filtrering.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You can do this by securing your app with section access. SectionAccess will filter and reduce the data available for a user when opening an application.  

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/m...

anat
Master
Master

can u try using "Always one selected value" option

chibi
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes but the user will be able to unlock the filter and choose someother value in the field unless there is a way to make sure the user is not able to remove the lock on the filter. Is there a way? 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

@chibi  and @anat 

My suggestion using section access will lock the filtrering per user and there is no way for the user to break that filtrering.

chibi
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you I used section access and it works like a charm