Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selections on Dimensions from Hypercube

Hy everyone,

I am trying to do some selections on dimensions grabbed with a hypercube.

I got all the dimensions from the hypercube which is surpressing 0 and missing values, and I created a JS Object to make everything easier to get/understand.

It looks something like this:

{

Date: Array          //Dimension1

0: 01.06.2018

1: 02.06.2018

2: 03.06.2018

3: 04.06.2018

Category: Array          //Dimension2

0: Kat1

1: Kat2

2: Kat3

}

As I said I am trying to do some selections on these Dimensions so I used the following

app.field("Date").select( [0,1], true, true ).then(function(obj){               //this is an example so <Date> can be replaced with <Category>

console.log("Success");

}

The problem is that no Selection is applied, the Objects look the same. The promise is never got.

In the same Qlik Sense Mashup I also have some Fields. So I thought...lets try a the same method on a field and not on a dimension...and it totally worked...the Objects changed.

So I thought...maybe I am doing something wrong...maybe you can't do selections on Dimensions...so I went to Qlik Sense Desktop and with Master Items I created a filterPane for the same Dimensions and I believe using Qlik View, I filtered the Values showed by the Objects in my Page using a selection made in the filter pane.

Any suggestions? I really need some help with this.

Many thanks!!

Alex

0 Replies