Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selections on Dimensions from Hypercube

Hy everyone,

I am trying to do some selections on dimensions grabbed with a hypercube.

I got all the dimensions from the hypercube which is surpressing 0 and missing values, and I created a JS Object to make everything easier to get/understand.

It looks something like this:

{

Date: Array          //Dimension1

0: 01.06.2018

1: 02.06.2018

2: 03.06.2018

3: 04.06.2018

Category: Array          //Dimension2

0: Kat1

1: Kat2

2: Kat3

}

As I said I am trying to do some selections on these Dimensions so I used the following

app.field("Date").select( [0,1], true, true ).then(function(obj){               //this is an example so <Date> can be replaced with <Category>

console.log("Success");

}

The problem is that no Selection is applied, the Objects look the same. The promise is never got.

In the same Qlik Sense Mashup I also have some Fields. So I thought...lets try a the same method on a field and not on a dimension...and it totally worked...the Objects changed.

So I thought...maybe I am doing something wrong...maybe you can't do selections on Dimensions...so I went to Qlik Sense Desktop and with Master Items I created a filterPane for the same Dimensions and I believe using Qlik View, I filtered the Values showed by the Objects in my Page using a selection made in the filter pane.

Any suggestions? I really need some help with this.

Many thanks!!

Alex

0 Replies