Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhurashende
Contributor
Contributor

Sending reports to a folder destination with variable

I Have a Publish task to send Customer reports to a destination folder. I am setting the destination folder path so that it goes to c:\Reports\Customer_Department. Customer Department is a Qliksense variable in my app. 

I am cycling through CustomeName field so that it can generate report per customer. However when it comes to creating folder for Departments, its creating only one department folder and dumping all reports in the same folder. 

variable is defined as :   Customer_department = minstring(Department) 

DO I need all the customers added to my Publish tasks as users ? can this be achieved without adding all users to the task and just adding one master user ?  Please guide

2 Replies
madhurashende
Contributor
Contributor
Author

if a customer is part of 3 departments, how do I dynamically create 3 folders and send the reports to those 3 folders ? please guide. Is my variable definition causing issue ?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please check the following community conversation: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Dynamic-folders-and-cycled-field/td-p/1907137: "variables used in destination folders are evaluated only one time for each publish task execution".

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.