Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berndjaegle
Creator II
Creator II

Set Analysis - Ignore all fields from one table

Hi guys,

looking for a smart solution to ignore selections from one table of my data model.

The data model is with a link table and I want to ignore one table for one KPI.

I know this option: 

sum({$<[Date]=,[City]=,[Client]=,[Amount]=>} Amount)

I don't want to mention all fields explicit. 

Something like

sum({$<[Table.$Fields]=>} Amount)

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Labels (2)
16 Replies
lalita_sharma
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Marcus

Thank you for prompt response.

Yes you are correct it is more of a calculated dimension. I had to use AGGR and ONLY so that I can set some default filters on [Workstream Id] and [KPI Name] attributes. Not sure if there is a smarter way to do that in a straight table that has only dimensions.

marcus_sommer

Maybe moving the logic to a normal expression within the table is more suitable. Within View you could mix the dimension/expression columns like you want and also to use some for calculations and then hiding them within the view - by Sense I don't know if the same functionality is available but a playing a bit with the features may be helpful.

- Marcus

lalita_sharma
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Marcus

Thank you so much for the suggestion. 

Now I am creating a measure as below, which I will hide later

=IF(GetSelectedCount(Workstream)=0,
Sum({$<[Workstream Id]={$(vCalc_StatusPack_DefaultWorkstreamID)},[KPI name]={3}>} 1),
Sum({$<[KPI name]={3}>} 1))

now the issue is that even after having a condition of [Workstream Id]={$(vCalc_StatusPack_DefaultWorkstreamID) in above expression, it shows all workstreams even when no workstreams are selected.

What is incorrect in my expression?

marcus_sommer

Often it's helpful to check each part separately - means for example including:

GetSelectedCount(Workstream)

$(vCalc_StatusPack_DefaultWorkstreamID)

concat([Workstream Id], ' + ')

as expression within the table, too.

Further make sure that [Workstream Id] is the right field and correctly spelled - Qlik is here case-sensitiv and if it's wrong and/or there are no values else only NULL's within - the set analysis will ignore it completely.

- Marcus

lalita_sharma
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Marcus

Thanks for your suggestions. Very helpful.

I suppressed the zero values, and now the expression is working fine.

I had checked each part separately, they were working as expected. But only when I try to combine them, the expression shows 0 in place where Workstream is not equal to default. Ideally I would have expected it to filter out everything that did not satisfy the condition in the set expression.

Thanks

Lalita

marcus_sommer

It's difficult to guess what might be different to your expectation. You could try to fetch the zero and replacing it with null() - maybe it's more suitable for your view.

- Marcus

lalita_sharma
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Marcus

Thank you so much

That was really helpful.

-Lalita