cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Question -

I'm having issues with an expression -

Current Expression =

Sum({$<rule_group_id={10682},transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}>}employee_id)

I am trying to count the number of employees (employee_id) who have the following transcripts (transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}) for the rule group id (rule_group_id={10682}).

The part I know I am missing is that the rule group id points to multiple classes (course_name), however - I don't want to have to hand code in every course id.

I was able to make a master item (for a different visualization) ...

=if(rule_group_id = ('10682'),course_name)

^ Saying give me every course name that falls into this Rule Group ID. That works fine.

But I want to use the GUAGE visual and reference a % of students who have the transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'} for the rule group id and the courses that it points to.

It's probably simple but I know I'm missing one part of my puzzle with the course detail.

Any help is appreciated.

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Count({$<FirstSortedValue(transcript_status_code ={"A","X"}, last_update_date), category = {'Skill Area 1'}>} distinct employee_id)

^The other day you helped me with the first sorted value. Am I able to nest it within an expression like above?

sunny_talwar

You will need to use Aggr() inbetween Count and FirstSortedValue().... but I don't know what you are trying to do here

Not applicable
Author

I'm trying to only do a count based on that last_update_date transcript_status. When I do my count... It's counting all transcript_status and not the most recent. That's why I want to incorporate this piece into the expression.

Count({$<Aggr(FirstSortedValue(transcript_status_code ={"N","L","S","P","T"},-last_update_date), course_name = p({category =  {'Skill Area 1'}>})>} distinct employee_id))

^Currently not working.

sunny_talwar

May be like this

Count({$<transcript_status_code ={"N","L","S","P","T"}, course_name = p({category =  {'Skill Area 1'}>})>} Aggr(FirstSortedValue(employee_id, -last_update_date), <Dimensions>))

But again, I don't think I understand your requirement well enough to tell you if the above is going to work. Can you mock up 10 rows of data (all dummy data) and explain what is that you need from it?