Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spcon2016
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Set Analysis initial value reacts to user selection

Hi Community, 

I'm a bit confused because of the following, really simple looking example: The goal is to show total of current year value. User should be able to change value by selecting last year. 

Sales:
load * inline [
Year, Sales
];

WasisThis.PNG

Why do I still see 100? I've expected 99.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

HI

it seems you are confusing 

set analysis from regular selections , 

set analysis is like making a selection on the field and it's disregarding other selection in the field 

in your case it doesn't matter what you'll choose in the year field it will always return 100 , because it's going to disregard the selection . 

in your case if you want the regular  behavior then you just use sum(Sales) , that way if you select a year you'll get this year result and if you don't select any year you'll get the total of all years , 

if you look for a solution to always display the max year from available years  you can use 

sum({<Year = {"$(=max(Year))"}>}Sales)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

HI

it seems you are confusing 

set analysis from regular selections , 

set analysis is like making a selection on the field and it's disregarding other selection in the field 

in your case it doesn't matter what you'll choose in the year field it will always return 100 , because it's going to disregard the selection . 

in your case if you want the regular  behavior then you just use sum(Sales) , that way if you select a year you'll get this year result and if you don't select any year you'll get the total of all years , 

if you look for a solution to always display the max year from available years  you can use 

sum({<Year = {"$(=max(Year))"}>}Sales)